There is a popular theory in the kill la kill fan base that Mako Mankanshoku at the end is actually Nui Harime
I will Now list the reasons for this theory
- Mako’s end credits outfit has the same colour scheme as Nui harime’s dress thou upside down (refer to the pic above)
- Her Bunny backpack is like nui’s eye patch when it is seen a certain way
- Nui Harime is a Master of Disguise she can mimic a person’s personality to a T but She adds a little bit of her own character traits to the personality remember when newspaper boy was in the girls washroom ? Plus from the drama cds it seems that Mako is supremely easy to mimic and ryuko gets fooled a lot because Maiko Ōgure imitated Mako really easy during one of them.
So when Nui Harime drops the act of being mako bricks will be shit only difference is that she’ll be stuck in mako’s body because of hers seemly being absorbed by Ragyo and then Ryuko when she absorbed Shinra Koketsu
-- During her last rant she talks about going on a date with ryuko and kisses her twice even know mako hasn’t been that forward with her feelings for either Gamagori or Ryuko before that time there were hints to both ships most notedly would be a toss up between when Gamagori didn’t harm mako when she was trying to give Ruyko her scissors blade back
or when he saved her from the Covers
or his fake “death scene”
And for Ryuko saying that beside her was the most safest place for her among many other moments that have been mentioned to death in the pass few days
but this is isn’t a whose a better ship post
-during her monologue their are at least 2 parts were nui’s hair bow appeared one on mako’s head
and the other on the far tower in this pic
- Speaking of this pic makos arms are the scissor blades Red for Ryuko and pink/purple for nui harime
- A final thing for this picture why is guts looking at mako with a pissed off look
-Mako in her final Hallelujah tangent starts rambling about dating Ryuko, Not saying I can’t see that ship but she seemed somewhat outta character for me while she did
who was the only girl that kissed/got kissed by Ryuko ?
Your first Kiss wasn’t with Satsuki It was with Me Ryuko ! (Junketsu Ryuko doing her Best DIO impression) speaking of the kiss Nui could have slipped some of her life fibbers into Ryuko and pretended to act surprised at her kissing her
Mako also Seemly Died in episode 21 in Ryuko’s inner world, Yes Senketsu took most of the hit but could have nui’s life fibers slip into the cut in mako and healed it back up before her noticing. what if they were slowly taking mako over from that point
- Talks about getting cute clothes and girls fashion out of the blue also look at her hair clip in this pic
- The Mako Ice cream had Mako’s face but Nui’s Smiley face eyes
- Another thing about Mako’s eyes, her one eye in the pic shown above comparing nui and mako’s clothing has a vacant soulless look that also has a smiley face
so lets compare the eyes shall we ?
seem smiler too you as much as it does to me ?
We only saw a few of Nui’s mon mignon prêt-à-porter clones either killing themselves or getting destroyed by the elite four she summoned a lot of them !
Speaking of her clones could one of them using their new arms warp themselves into mako’s body her new arms seemed to have reailty warping like abilities to pass through the red scissors blade plus her old arms made the one of the blade purple when she touched it
Another example of her reality warping type powers would be when she stopped/cut Mako’s Monologue with out actually hurting Mako
Yes Mako’s wearing her two star goku uniform but nui using mako’s body as a buffer could negate her not being able to wear/use other life fibbers expect her own or the original life fiber
Mako seems to keep shutting her left eye the same side as nui’s eye patch watch the scene just starting at mako’s eyes and yes that would mean the mako in this clip doing the little cute ass shake is actually nui
She had an intense hate of mako’s monologues so what better way then to shut the person up without kiling them is stealing their body :)
-Mako Hugged Ryuko the same way as Nui did to Junketsu Ryuko while she explained that junketsu fibers were sown to Ryuko’s body
-Nui seemed to be completely absorbed by Ragyo during the final fight u would think she would have over ruled her to get revenge on the person that cut off her first set of arms, her “death scene” seemed rushed and we didn’t get any pay off on the potential fights between Mako vs Nui , Satsuki vs Nui round 2 or Ryuko vs Nui round three
- the end credits of episode 23 coulda been foreshadowing to that nui wanted to be mako so she could still be the faithful little sister to her older sisters but still be mommy’s loyal little girl and be one with the life fibbers
Going with that Nui seemed kinda relieved that she didn’t have to sew anymore so she could just have wanted to spend time with her sisters after all was said and done before u say she wanted to get revenge while she worked on Shinra Koketsu remember what nui said herself ”Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin,you know”
- Nui is the Superior Mako We already have proof of Trigger being big marvel fans (The Elite fours goku uniforms among other easter eggs in the series)
and one of the hottest things is Superior Spider-man For those who don’t know its a current run of spider-man that has Doc Ock possessing Peter parker’s body and acting as spider-man while peter is thought to be dead by doc ock but he’s actual trapped in his and doc ocks memories so if its the same with nui and mako, we could get more back story on nui while seeing nui try to act like a better version of mako, why wouldn’t they pull a page outta marvel’s handbook
- Mako seemly wants to be the girl in the relationship while ryuko is cast as the boy yes that could be contributed to ryuko being a tom boy but mako could be the guy in the relationship she is the one wearing a fighting club spec uniform which itself is a reference to a really manly anime/manga Jo Jo’s Bizarre adventure but if its Nui in mako’s body she’d want to totally be the girl in the relationship
-the creators did a smilier thing with stocking in panty and stocking where stocking turned heel and we found out that she was actually a demon
had Nia turn heel and be the messager of the anti spirals
Hell they had Ryuko Lose her way and get forced to wear Junketsu already for a heel turn so its not far from them to turn characters from face to heel and before you say that mako already had a heel turn that was just to introduce her 2 star goku uniform so when it came into play later on it wouldn’t be an ass pull
Nui’s Line : ” I go wherever i want to go and nobody can stop me “
- This ones a little bit of a stretch but why does Mako have really high affinity to Life fibers ?
It’s been confirmed that her Fight Club President Goku Uniform had 3 Star Power even though it was only a two star. Were Nui’s life fibers if they were slowly taking over Mako adding power to her ?
in the second ending the trail of the mako stars represents Nui harime’s Dress
-The frame of the end credits Cuts Mako’s arms inhalve as she pushes Ryuko up the hill
Nui’s arms are severed at almost the same spot but for reasons she loses the rest when she sews the wounds shut
So The Question reminds is this a legit Theory ? or Is Trigger just trolling us? The Ova didn’t hold answers because of it being set before the girls day but with the thing that sparkled during the ending of the OVA the question remains will Kill la Kill answer this if it has a season 2 ?
Find Out Next time on Kill la Kill Theories that I like :)
Bonus : Watch the End credits again and instead of seeing mako try picturing Nui there instead
Update : This has inspired a few fan fictions and from what i gather the basic design of this Nui!Mako would keep her brown hair but she would have blonde highlights in the shape of hearts and would have nui’s ribbon in her hair and it would be a little bit longer and styled more like nui’s hair. She would have one blue smiley face eye and mako’s normal brown eye and she’d be wearing a dress styled like nui’s old one but its colour scheme would be like Dio Brando’s from Jo Jo’s part 3 to contrast Mako’s fight club uniform being like Jotaro’s character design so something like this picture and credits to peri from slyveoff for drawing this picture :)